Posts tagged ten day challenge
Posts tagged ten day challenge
I’ve been being a terrible tumblr, letting my queue do all the work while I try to make my life make a little more sense. Please don’t love me any less, tumblr-folk.
I completely forgot to go to group therapy today. I didn’t avoid going or play hooky or anything…I literally just completely forgot to go.
I think I’m on films for that ten-day challenge.
Three films I will watch over and over:
3. Boondock Saints
2. Romeo + Juliet
Three films I have seen recently
3. Definitely, Maybe
4. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
3. the Harry Potter series
2. Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite
1. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
4 recent reads
4. Jane Eyre
3. What Was She Thinking: Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller
2. The Cold Side of the Pillow by Jim Baker
1. Lady Windermere’s Fan by Oscar Wilde
5. Bread. Pretty much all bread except for rye, pumpernickel and cornbread. Particularly close to my heart, sourdough, garlic bread, cinnamon toast, cinnamon raisin bread, french bread. Fuck you, Atkins diet, I want breaaad.
4. Sweets. Fudge. Bon-bons. Tangerine popsicles.
2. Are we counting coffee as a food? I count coffee as a food.
1. Mashed potatoes. I will eat buckets of mashed potatoes without thinking twice. HOWEVER. They have to be perfect mashed potatoes. From potatoes. If they are from a box, I will know and I will not cheapen my love of mashed tatery goodness by ingesting them.
Six places I love
6. Balboa Park, San Diego. Museums, architecture, beautiful grounds. What’s not to love?
5. Raven Hill Orchard, Julian, California. A gorgeous apple orchard in a tiny California town, owned by the most interesting and desirable older Irish sculptor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
4. Rome, Italy. No explanation needed, I think.
3. Ferndale, California. A tiny Victorian farming town in Northern California.
2. the Pacific ocean.
1. Switzerland. It’s so green, and clean and the air smells so good and everyone is so nice.
7. sewing ability, so I can make myself some petticoats.
6. a cottage somewhere pretty
5. a working speedometer.
4. someone to hire me for something I can do at night
3. a better digital camera, preferably the digital rebel
2. my babies back from virginia
1. getting my bipolar under control also known as getting my life back
8. driving my car across railroad tracks, because a train could come and crush me quickly and that would not be fun.
7. not being good enough and having people leave me because of it.
6. spiders. they have too many legs for their own good, and not enough legs to be rad. hang out in your corner and catch bugs, just keep your legs away from me. same to you, rodents. keep your creepy human-esque hands off of me.
4. a selection of diseases, in particular gangrene, smallpox, Ebola, and syphilis. i’m scared of body parts rotting off, being itchy, my insides liquifying and my brain going swiss-cheesy.
3. never making anything significant from my life.
2. public bathrooms/portapotties. it’s a combination of germ fear and fear of tiny cameras under toliet seats and creepers standing in the reservoir under the porta-potty pooper, along with a paralyzing fear of someone kicking down the stall door and assaulting me while i pee/other people listening to me pee.
1. never getting better.
9. the moment just before dawn when the light diffuses just right and everything goes soft, hazy. it’s always so still and no one is ever up, and it’s like being in a dream.
8. drinking til dawn on other people’s porches, with music playing low and conversations covering every topic you can dream of.
6. beautiful things. beautiful places, beautiful light, beautiful moments, beautiful people, beautiful visuals, beautiful music…if it’s lovely i love it.
5. the people in my life. my mother, my friends, my sister, my niece.
4. music. placebo, dresden dolls, amanda palmer, regina spektor, the civil wars, the weakerthans, judgement day, chopin, fiona apple, nick cave and the bad seeds, bright eyes, joy division, nick drake, jeff buckley, and a billion other bands and artists that i sing along to and cry to and tap my toes to and dance to. music makes the world go round.
3. photography. both the act of and the art of.
2. coffee. good coffee, rich, warm, aromatic coffee, and really terrible diner coffee. Instant coffee from a can and espresso from preheated demitasse on a street-corner cafe in Rome. healthy caffeinated goodness, I would shoot it up if I wasn’t vaguely needle-phobic.
1. books. the written word. the printed word. stories. poems. the smell of a new book, the noise when you first crack that baby open. the smell of an old book, with the spine cracking and dust motes floating up every time you turn the page. losing yourself in stories, in verse, in fact and theories and possibilities and fantasy. my best friend that will never leave me, the lover that will never break my heart, my constant companion since i was a wee lass.
Allright, let’s do one of these guys.
ten secrets, though some of them are less secret than others.
10. I think I’m hilarious. I crack myself up pretty constantly. And if I’m in a situation when I say something I find hilarious, and someone doesn’t laugh, I instantly dislike them.
9. I’m a 1950’s housewife stuck in 2011 and I don’t know what to do with myself.
8. Sometimes I think of elaborate getaway routes from all of my regular locations just in case I need to run away from the police, some manner of assassins/ninjas, tidal waves or zombies.
7. I totally have a secret rock star dream. However, my voice is not rock-star worthy and I can only play piano badly.
6. All I want to do most days is get myself the hell out of this town, but I’m in a situation where I have no way to do it.
5. I’m terrified that I’m going to end up alone working a job I hate with nothing to show for it.
4. I have a thing for brothers. Not in a sexy-incest-way or nothing, but in a nothing warms my heart more than the relationship between either brothers or extremely close male friends.
3. I’m feeling incredibly disconnected from all of my friends, which breaks my heart. These are people I’ve been extremely close with since high school, and I just can’t make myself take interest in the things they take interest in anymore. I don’t know if the problem is them or me.
2. I’m incredibly obsessive compulsive about food. Meals have to have exactly the correct assortment of textures, or else I can’t eat them. I can’t eat broccoli at all, because they look like tiny trees and it freaks me out.
1. I act really confident and strong but I’m paralyzingly awkward and insecure in social situations.